I am a complete failure in the chocolate chip cookie department. It makes no sense to me! I follow the directions exactly and yet they come out terribly! I made another attempt yesterday only to turn out another flop. They were flat and burned. I think I have an idea of where I'm going wrong, but I was feeling frustrated and too demoralized to go on. I was beaten by the basic American chocolate chip cookie...
Today, in an effort to redeem myself, I decided to experiment. Banana bread was on my mind and then I took a turn towards the creative and conjured up Banana Pudding Cupcakes. I also make a mean banana pudding (seriously, it's better than any other I've ever tasted!) and I figured a cupcake version would be a win! My excitement was tainted a bit when I googled "my" idea and saw that it was not as original as I first thought. But whatever; this is my take on the recipe and I'll happily take credit for the lovely little cupcake gems that I turned out today. 500 million times better than my chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding, prepared
- 1 container of Cool Whip, thawed
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and smashed
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (or 1 teaspoon baking soda)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Nilla Wafers for garnish
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, vanilla, sour cream, and banana then mix well. In a medium size bowl mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and gently mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins lined with paper baking cups filling each 3/4 full. Bake the cupcakes at 350 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a cupcake.
- In a medium size bowl, gently combine the Cool Whip and 1 cup of the prepared vanilla pudding (reserve the rest of the pudding for some other purpose, like a late night snack) to make the icing. Cool the cupcakes completely then top with the icing and garnish with one Vanilla Wafer.
These came out perfectly! The cupcakes are light and moist with the perfect amount of "banana-y ness." It's not a strong banana flavor like banana bread. They are mild and sweet little cupcakes that match perfectly with the Cool Whip/pudding topping. Yum!
Other Posts You Will Like:
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
Biscuit Dough Donuts
8 Favorite Potluck Recipes
Christian Women Blogs
Shredded BBQ Beef